How to Take Care of Your Natural Eyelashes, Lash Extensions & False Lashes at Home
The way you clean your eye area can make or break the strength of your lashes and impact your overall lash health (literally). If the product you’re using doesn’t contain clean ingredients, it can irritate the skin around your eyes, as well as your lashes. This can result in brittle, damaged and short lashes, frequent breakage and premature fallout. If you wear lash extensions or false eyelashes, you should also be cleaning those frequently for the health of your eyes, as well as the maintenance of your lashes.
When it comes to proper care and cleaning, the same concept goes for lashes as it does for your skin – if you’re not taking care of your skin with clean, hydrating products, it can become dry, dehydrated and eventually lead to loss of tone and increase in unwanted texture. Even acne can result from improper skincare and the use of harmful ingredients that are irritating to the epidermis.
If your lashes are unhealthy, you may feel insecure about the way your lashes look, or just downright angry that they won’t grow. Environmental damage, external aggressors, and irritating products are just a few of the factors that can hinder lash health.
How to Take Care of Your Lashes
Like skincare, lash care should be prioritized equally in your morning and evening routines - especially if you’re someone who wears makeup regularly! Removing every speck of makeup, dirt, and built-up oil should be your goal – no matter the skin type.
If you wear lash extensions or false eyelashes, you should also be cleaning those frequently for the health of your eyes, as well as the maintenance of your lashes.
For this, you’ll need an oil-free, non-irritating makeup remover, free of any harsh chemicals or ingredients. Ideally, you want to find a formula that has nourishing and hydrating ingredients in it that promotes lash health.
How to Clean your Natural Lashes
1. Apply the oil-free makeup remover on a cotton pad over the eye area for 5 seconds, then wipe to remove eye makeup.
How To Clean False Lashes
1. Use a lash applicator or your fingers to gently remove false lashes from your eyes.
2. Dampen a Q-Tip with an oil-free makeup remover and sweep along the lash band to remove makeup and loosen the adhesive.
3. Use a lash applicator or your fingers to gently remove residue buildup from the lash band.
How To Clean Lash Extensions
1. Apply an oil-free makeup remover to a cotton pad and gently wipe around your lash extensions to remove any additional eye makeup.
2. Apply remover to a lash brush or spoolie (similar to a mascara wand), then sweep through lash extensions from root to tip to thoroughly cleanse.
3. Use a lash comb to detangle and reshape your lash extensions.
4. *Pro tip:Try your best not to sleep face down or on your side to prevent your lashes from getting damaged. If you did accidentally sleep on the extension, wet the extensionsand brush them out gently with a spoolie– this will help fluff up the lashes and allow you to reshape them.
Lash Care Tools
Lash Clean is an oil-free makeup remover and its cleaning effects are powerful, but its ultra-gentle formula ensures there’s no need to fear irritation or dehydration. This non-greasy makeup remover ensures your false lash band retains its longevity and shape. Lash Clean is completely safe to remove makeup from the entire face and eye area, leaving you feeling refreshed, clean and hydrated! It removes the most stubborn makeup, dirt, sunscreen, and even waterproof formulas, from your natural lashes, false lashes and lash extensions.
The Lash Clean formula truly is clean (free of harsh ingredients) and therefore very gentle on the skin. It is also formulated with naturally derived moisturizing ingredients, from sugar and coconuts, to keep the skin hydrated:
- Cocoyl Glutamate Blend: Derived from the fatty acids of coconut oil. Acts as a cleansing agent while moisturizing your skin. Gives the formula a silky texture and reduces irritability.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Derived from coconut and creates a protective barrier on the skin to trap moisture. Smooths the skin and works as an antioxidant.
This multi-use cleaner is 100% vegan and cruelty-free, free from alcohol, parabens, sulfates, and fragrances. It also comes in 100% fully recyclable packaging - which is cute to boot!
Plus, it’s also safe to use on false lashes and lash extensions - helping extend the wear of your lashes! You’ll get more use out of each wear, whether they’re strip lashes or extensions, so you get more value long term.
If you’re looking for a lash brush to help maintain your natural eyelashes or lash extensions, the Velour Too Clean Lash Wand is a dual-ended lash tool to assist in an effortless lash clean. A unique 2-in-1 lash tool, it has a soft brush on one end and a unique metal comb on the other, which easily removes stubborn makeup, dirt, and lash adhesive from false lashes. Created for both false lashes and lash extensions.
Ultra-soft and sustainable pads made from bamboo cotton material that can be used in combination with the Velour Lash Clean to remove makeup and clean lash extensions. These pads are chemical-free, fragrance-free, lint-free and can be used up to 1,000 times.